NS Design NXTa 5-String Black Electric Violin
The NXTa violins, also known as the NXT active violins, are known for their versatility, convenience, and incredible performance capability. This 5-string model is perfect for violinists looking for some real fiddling, or craving those bass notes on the low C string.
These violinsfeature the option of active output electronics. On the side of the instrument,you can push the volume knob toselect between active or passive mode.
Unlike the NS Design WAV violins that only have passive mode, the active mode allows you to charge the active circuit built into the NXTa violin. And because it is self powered, you can plug it into any high or low impedance device. No direct box required, and no signal is lost; resulting in a stronger and clearer sound.
There's a toggle switch on the side of the instrument to choose between arco or pizzicato mode, to enhance the sound you're going for. The ergonomics and craftsmanship of this instrument is also remarkable. It only weighs 1.3 lb. And it's very comfortable and easy to play!
“The beautiful union of comfort, playability, and a clear, balanced tone is achieved wonderfully in my NS NXTa.” - Rebecca Schlappich Charles
Top Reasons To Get This Violin
- ✔️ Polar ™ pickup system - The most advanced violin pickup there is
- ✔️ Dual mode output - Choose between passive or active mode>
- ✔️ Arco / pizzicato switch - Enhance your desired sound>
- ✔️ Adjustable bridge - To accommodate different playing styles
- ✔️ Self-clamping tuners - For smooth and accurate tuning
- ✔️ Custom shoulder rest - Adjust the padded base to your shoulder for a secure and comfortable fit
- ✔️ No batteries required - charge it through any AC outlet
Polar ™ Pickup System
The most advanced violin pickup there is. The Polar ™ pickup system is what separates the NS designviolins from all the other electric violins out there. It is designed to capture every nuance and bowed response to create brilliant tones and sonics to your amplifier or speaker system.
Arco / Pizzicato Switch
The pickup system responds either to lateral string vibrations (bowing), or vertical vibrations (plucked). The switch on the NXTa allows you to enhance your desired sound.
The Dual Mode Output
With active mode, the NXTa can be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device without a direct box. And because there's no signal loss, each sound remains clear and strong, even with extra long cables. The capacitor-powered active circuit can be fully charged in 60 seconds with 16 hours of playing time.
With passive mode, the NXTa can be played through an amplifier with an impedance of 1 meg ohm or great (3-10 is recommended). You can also play it through a direct box, which provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.
- - 4-stringelectric violin
- - Rotary volume control knob, with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode
- - Tone control knob (treble roll off)
- - Arco/pizzicato toggle switch
- - Removable body reference bout - on treble side of the violin. For violinists that are used to touching the body of a violin for 3rd position reference
- - D’Addario™ NS Electric violin strings (compatible with any solid and stranded core violin strings)
Weight: 585 grams
- - Body/neck: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face
- - Fingerboard: Hand-graduated, asymmetric relief
- - Bridge: Black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body
- - Length:540mm / Width: 110 mm / Thickness: 65 mm / Scale length: 330 mm>
NS Design NXTa Electric Violin Manual