Pirastro Oliv Series Violin Strings 4/4 size
Handmade in Germany since 1798, Pirastro has made a name for itself among string players around the world. Known for it's quality of both strings and rosin. A great number of classical string musicians recommend Pirastro strings; their tonal flexibility and expressive power allow each musician to create their own unique sound and to show their own instruments to their very best advantage. The tonal flexibility and the expressive power of each single Pirastro string create an unsurpassed choice for the musician across the Pirastro range.
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings, as they offer the possibility "to explore the remotest corners of sound"
- the sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings
- the tone is rich and complex
- rigid, darker, and more powerful